Thursday, October 7, 2010

Our Disasterous Trip to the Apple Orchard

Mike's parents were in town last weekend, so I decided to drag Grandma Andrea and Uncle Mark with me to the Apple Orchard. I always feel guilty because our kids don't get to do things a "normal" family gets to do. They are all so little and I can't take them places by myself, so when there are people around, I try to arrange little outings. All three kids had a cold and I should have known better than to take their crabby little butts anywhere! Lesson learned.

The local Apple Orchard was having their Harvest days. They had tons of bouncy houses, pony rides, train rides, and all sorts of food. Sounds like a good time? I thought so. We walked around for awhile and the kids were pretty decent during that time. I thought I'd buy them a ride on the choo-choo train. We waited dang near 45 minutes to get on that little train. During that time, Ethan accidentally bumped Riley and she did a complete back flip off of a hay bale. She surprisingly didn't cry that much. It gets to be our turn, and Ethan throws a complete fit. I'm trying to stuff him in the train cart and he's kicking and screaming and trying to climb out. This went on for a couple of minutes and I finally gave up (after a little kid came up to me and said he'd take Ethan's place. Okay, kid, I got the hint!) Mia was starting to cry too, and the train driver (aka Santa Claus, he seriously looked like him) asked me if I wanted to take her off. I said nope. I was thinking, I just waited in line for 45 minutes. The girls are going to ride this train and have a good time. Santa Claus takes off and goes over a bump and stops. I don't see Riley in her cart. She had fallen over backwards in her cart when he hit the bump. Now she's screaming bloody murder. I go and get her. Santa Claus takes off again and stops again. Now Mia is screaming and wanting off ,and Santa Claus is scanning the crowd for me to come get her. I wanted to hide! Haha. It's funny now, but it wasn't at the time!


Mia wanting out of the train.

Riley in her cart right before she fell over backwards.

Mia is wondering what the heck is going on.

Trying to get that elusive perfect picture. Can you tell their crabbiness level by the look on their faces? Not one smile.



My family always makes fun of me because when we do family pictures, I'm the only one looking at the camera. If Mike were in this picture, he'd be looking to see what the kids were doing. I figure, one of us should look good! Hahaha

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love this Jessi. Thank you for sharing your "disaster" stories. It makes me feel like maybe I can just make it another day! :)

Natasha said...

I too love this. Whenever I take the kids somewhere I just wait for the meltdown and they rarely disappoint. Yesterday it was Finley running away from me at the zoo and I couldn't find her anywhere. AGH!!!!!!!!!! It's always something. It's nice to hear that someone else deals with these issues too.