Friday, October 15, 2010

Happy Friday!

I'm glad the weekend is here! It's been a long week and I'm looking forward to maybe doing some shopping?!? That's if I can get out of doing some yard work. We've been enjoying the nice weather, especially since we know it's going to come to an end soon.

-Halloween is right around the corner. I'm going to be cheap and have them wear the same costumes as last year. It's going to save me $100, and they have no idea! Ethan is going as an elephant, Mia is going as a duck, and Riley is going as a ladybug.

-Ethan's speech session went okay. He is back to whispering for half of the session and then finally starts talking out loud towards the end. I can tell he's learning a lot because he's saying and recognizing more words. He'll have another session on Monday to make up for the one when Laura was sick.

-Mia almost gave me a heart attack yesterday. We went out to eat and the restaurant was on a busy street. We went to get into the van, and I thought she had ran to the other side of the van. I got over there, and she wasn't there. I looked up, and she was standing on the side-walk with cars speeding past her. My heart dropped in my chest. One wrong move, and she would have been hit. Her guardian angel was obviously right there.

-We went to the eye doctor today. It was something. Let's just say I'm glad we don't have to do it anytime soon. Mike, Ethan, and Riley needed their eyes checked. (Mia and I had ours checked a few months ago.) The eye doctor said he could hear Ethan screaming from a few doors down when the nurse was putting the eye drops in. The good news is is that the kids checked out fine. The old man needs some stronger glasses, however. ;)

No comments: