Our weekend went well. We drove to DeSmet on Sunday for the game. There were seven kids aged 3 and younger. It was rather interesting! I found out that Riley is quite the bully, or at least she was on Sunday.
There were two girls that she picked on that day. They are both a year older than her (and bigger, I might add), so they were 2 1/2. One was named London and the other was Lillian (my good friend's daughter.) Shortly after we got there, London came up to me and said, "Riley bit me." She had tears streaming down her face. London's mom was very nice about it and said that London probably did something to her first. After London settled down, Rhea came up to me and said, "Riley is on top of her and won't get off." At that time, I heard Lillian just screaming. I go in the bedroom and Riley has Lillian face down on the carpet and Riley is laying on top of her and won't let her up. Poor Lillian was crying so hard. I picked Riley up and let Lillian free and got after Riley.
About 10 minutes after the first incident, I heard Lillian crying again. Sure enough, Riley has her pinned to the ground and won't let her up. I just couldn't believe how naughty she was being. She's usually pretty sweet, so it just shocked me!
About 20 minutes later, Riley and Lillian were in the back bedroom again, and we could all see in there. Riley put Lillian in a headlock and forced her onto the air mattress. Poor Lillian is just screaming, and my friend, Melissa, says, "Riley is man-handling Lillian again." I felt awful and a little embarrassed. She went to time-out and got into trouble again.
About an hour later, Riley and London disappeared upstairs. Mandy comes down carrying Riley and told me that London was up there crying and they were wrestling on the floor. I'm sure she was trying to pin London down too. Mandy looked at Riley and said, "you sure are a scrappy little thing."
I asked Elizabeth (their daycare lady) how Riley treats the kids at daycare and she said that she is very sweet and nice to all of them. I don't know why she was being such a stinker at Melissa's! We probably aren't going to get invited back! ;)
Ethan and Mia got along pretty well with everyone. They liked playing with all of the new toys and getting into Melissa's things. ;) Overall, it was a fun weekend. I was going for the Packers, so that made it even more fun.
1 comment:
Move to Watertown & we will get a singlet on that kid! I think her & Max were meant for each other! :)
Post a Comment