Thursday, March 17, 2011

Happy 2nd Birthday, Bucky!

Happy Birthday to our St. Patty's day girl! Wow! 2 years old all ready. Where has this last year gone? She's getting to be such a big girl. She's becoming very independent and is quick to tell me that it's, "my turn." That's her favorite phrase right now. She learned it from her older brother and sister. She jabbers quite a bit. Some words are very clear and some are a work in progress. She really has been talking a lot more since going to daycare.

Riley is quite the little helper. She likes to help me unload the dishwasher and will help me pick up their toys. If I'm arguing with Ethan to go pick something up because he threw it on the ground, Riley will run over and pick it up for Ethan. She is also quite the little jokester. If she sees you putting your shoes on, she'll run over, grab one of your shoes, and take off running. The funny part is the person doesn't realize she took it, and they are looking all over for their "lost" shoe. Riley is usually standing across the room with their shoe with a huge smile on her face. She always does this to her grandparents.

We're still working on the potty-training. I'm not pushing her at all. I think I could have had her done by now if I was really persistent. She pees every time I put her on the toilet. She doesn't quite understand that she has to tell me when she needs to pee. I've found quite a few puddles on the floor. The thought of being diaper free through the day is very exciting!

She is still taking one afternoon nap a day for 1-2 hours. She has been quite the pain to get to go to sleep at night. Ethan and Mia go to bed around 9pm, but Riley isn't ready to sleep then. If we put her down then, she cries and cries. We've been letting her stay up until 10pm or so and then she goes to bed easier. If she knows I am home, she puts up quite the fight. If I am at work, she goes right to bed for Mike. How unfair is that?

I still need to make an appointment for her 2 year well baby check. I'm curious to see how tall the doctor thinks she'll be. My guess is 5 feet 4 inches. Mia is supposed to be 5 feet 2 inches, and Riley seems a little bigger to me than Mia. They weigh almost the same!

Riley continues to be my best eater. She isn't as picky as the twins. She can out eat Mia any day of the week. She is always the first one at the table when I tell them it's time to eat. I told them I was going to get pizza for lunch and then got busy with something else. I heard her yelling, "mommy, mommy, mommy" over and over. I go out to the kitchen, and she's sitting at the kitchen table waiting for her lunch. :)






A round of kisses for everyone.


I actually caught Ethan giving a kiss to Riley on camera! This is very rare.

The kids love their Uncle Nathan.


Can you see Mia's little fingermarks in the frosting? I caught her a couple of times licking the frosting off. Riley picked out the funfetti frosting. You can see some of my cabinets in the background. I need to take some more pictures of them.

Blowing out her candles. She singed some hair doing that.


A present from her friend, Lillian. The girls fought over it all night.

Letting Mia play with it.

2 comments:

Natasha said...

She's so cute!

Anonymous said...

The kids go down so much better for Pat than for me too. Not fair!!