Sunday, March 15, 2009

Amniocentesis

The perinatologist stopped by my room today and suggested I have an amniocentesis done. One of the things an amnio can test for is lung maturity of the baby. I would kick myself if we did an induction on Tuesday and the baby ended up in the NICU with breathing problems. The peri used the ultrasound machine to find a pocket of amniotic fluid that didn't contain the baby or the cord. He took a 4-inch long needle and inserted it into my abdomen. It surprisingly didn't hurt besides the sting of it first going in. My result was 95.2, which is good. Baby's lungs are considered mature and should mean no NICU! We're on for the induction on Tuesday. I actually like being pregnant and wouldn't mind being pregnant for a few more weeks. But, it's not feasible for me to hang out in the hospital for another couple of weeks. Mike has been pretty stressed lately with Ethan and Mia and I am getting sick of being on bed rest!

It sounds like the kids had a good time at the hotel. Ethan loved the pool but Mia could have done without it. She gets so scared of things. Mia reminds me of my little sister, Jenna. Jenna was afraid of everything when she was little, even the potty chair. I think one of the reasons it's taking Mia longer to walk is because she's afraid to fall down!

1 comment:

Natasha said...

Good Luck tomorrow, can't wait to hear the news! Keep me posted.