Saturday, October 9, 2010

Jude's 1st Birthday



My niece, Jude, turned one on Saturday. I had to work this weekend (go figure--why is it that every weekend I work, there's something fun going on?) I woke up early so I could go to the party for a couple of hours. My sister, Sarah, had a pinata FULL of candy. The kids had a blast when it finally broke open. All three of our kids stuffed themselves full of candy. (Mike said that they were jumping off the walls later that night!)
My favorite part is the birthday cake. I love watching little kids dig right in. It didn't start out so smooth. Steve set the cake in front of her and then lit the candle. Janai and Noah blew it out before Sarah could get a picture and make a wish, so Steve re-lit the candle. We could see Jude staring at the flame and before any of us could react, she reached up and extinguished the flame with her chubby little fingers. It took her a couple of seconds to realize that it was super hot, and she started screaming. Poor thing!
I didn't get to see her get really messy with her cake because I had to leave for work. I did get a couple of good cake pictures though. It's always fun to spend time with family!




Mia, my little hoarder. She took a pile of candy and sat by herself on the step.

Mouthful of candy.

The birthday girl chewing on cardboard trying to get nerds.

Yes, I would love to pick you up while you're holding a sticky sucker.

1 comment:

Kristi said...

Happy Birhtday Jude!!!